I came across last year’s New Year’s Resolutions list. Although I did do some things, I didn’t really get to everything. Here’s what it entailed:
- Workout and get fit: Well this was interesting. I have been on and off sick, as well as merely lazy. I got back into a routine in April but then I began participating in a summer theatre group. There wasn’t time for both. Come fall I had more time so I started up again, only to overexert myself and hurt my knee. I’m currently trying to work through the knee pain but need to see a doctor to check things out.
- Travel to exotic places (or at least out of the state): The only travel was to Orlando for three days. It was action-packed but a little exhausting and I visited my aunt and uncle down there. This January I will be traveling for work to Las Vegas (never been) so that’ll be fun.
- Improve dental habits: This one’s funny; I had all the intentions to do better in this department, which, of course, I didn’t. It wasn’t until a few weeks ago when I learned that I will be getting two crowns that I stepped up full throttle. Hopefully this trend will continue.
- Save money: I did a little and then had bills to pay (bills, bills, bills) so I’m back at square one. Still wanting to do this as I will be moving to an apartment soon and will need the extra cash cushion.
- Read more (including magazines and novels): I actually didn’t better with reading a novel every night or so (still reading Lord of the Rings: Two Towers; it’s a long book) and not letting magazines pile up so much (I think I have about six to read which isn’t bad for me and my eight subscriptions).
- Maintain blogs and websites: I definitely blogged more this past year. My other websites sort of fell to the wayside but they are on my to do list.
- Reinstate knitting club: This has happened and more and more people are showing interest and coming each week. How exciting. Check it out: snbwb.
- Take dance class: Yeah, no, didn’t get to that yet.
- Practice yoga once a week: Again with the working out, started and stopped. Trying to start again.
- Go downtown more often: Coincidently this sort of worked out on its own but I think I want to go downtown and explore even more.
Not bad progress but, of course, it could always be better. Next month I’ll come up with a whole new resolutions list in the spirit of improvement like the rest of the world. Wonder what my aspirations will be then …
Share Your Thoughts