So I had all the intention today to be good:
- Finish work and head straight to the gym.
- Workout, even lightly (It’s been awhile and you have a 5k in over a month that you’re supposedly running. Got to get the knee ready so it can survive).
- Go home, eat quickly and joyously open a package from KnitPicks.
- Revel in new knitting purchases. Dance with them, play with them, and relax while doing so.
- Get to bed at a reasonable hour.
This is what really happened:
- Finished work, a little late, but felt accomplished.
- Got sidetracked by suggestion to meet at downstairs bar for drinks and free pizza.
- Had all the intentions to stay for a bit and leave by 7 at the latest, having just enough time to workout AND play with knitting package.
- Celebrated coworker’s birthday with another round, thus having to delay departure even later.
- Finally tore myself away from stimulating conversation and make my trek home.
- Get nearby gym and decide it is too late to workout and get to sleep at a reasonable hour.
- Actually accomplished something on the To Do list, play with knitting delivery.
- Got to bed at somewhat reasonable hour.
I forgot to take a picture of my knitting package but I got the circular needle carrying case, finally finding a place for these stragglers and having all supplies organized. Also three sets of bamboo DPNs for upcoming sock-making mania that I feel is possessing me. Two skeins bare merino wool that I plan to experiment with hand dying.
I further did an inventory on my supplies and came up with a few other items I think I need. I’ve labored over the thought for sometime but have decided to get the circular needle set. I have a 50% off coupon for JoAnn’s from the weekly flier and feel that this is the best purchase for such a great coupon. It can be applied online but the way it works out I can only use one coupon and still have to pay shipping. Much better off going into the store sometime today. I also need some more needle top stoppers, a few other pairs of DPNs to finish off the collection, some crochet hooks and a yarn cutter. But some of that isn’t really important right away. Off to bed to see how tomorrow pans out.