Taking a Look Back
Last year I set out to have realistic and attainable goals I could track. Although I didn’t cross everything off my list, the long-term goals were accomplished, including reading at least 12 books, running in a 5k and knitting at least 52 projects.
- Take digital photos of all the valuable in each room for insurance purposes. This is mostly done.
- Create a “best of 2008″ tally. Whoops, forgot to do this altogether.
- Restack tupperware and sort through items. Completed 01/14/2009.
- Work up to running three times a week. After getting sick in the spring, I got a little off task with this one.
- Pay off bills completely. I’m still working on some of my bills, but a good deal of them are taken care of, including my car payment. Yay!
- Read 12 books from my bookshelf. Completed 10/23/2009.
- Run a 5k. Completed 9/26/2009.
- Create an emergency slush fund of four months of expenses. With all my bills, this didn’t happen either but there’s always this year.
- Participate in Stash Knit Down 2009’s 52 projects by December 31, 2009. Completed 12/21/2009.
Resolutions for 2010
Just like last year, I will be challenging myself with a few resolutions.
books of 2010. This year I’m upping the ante to 17 books for 2010. This gives me about three weeks per book, which is generally how quickly I can get through a novel if I stay focused. Because I read 14 books last year, three more shouldn’t be unattainable.
stash knit down 2010. For my knitting challenge, I am still striving to reduce my stash but instead of targeting 52 projects, I’m doing something different. Again I don’t want to add to my stash, so I will remain on my yarn diet unless it is necessary for a particular project I need to make as a gift.
The first part of my goal will be to tackle my hibernating WIPs. I have three: Flower Back Sweater, Icarus Shawl and Amigurumi doll. I also have three active projects on the needles: dishcloths, My So-Called Scarf and the Stash Afghan (which is excluded from this challenge). Once these are all finished, I will go through my stash and work on knitting up the skeins I have bought for various projects.
fitness. Workout regularly at least three times a week. An ongoing goal, but this year I’d really like to get back into this. Again, I’ll sign up for 5ks. This year, I’d like to at least do two.
financial. Finish paying off my bills and begin aggressively saving. One goal here is to save up enough money to go to Europe.
explore more of chicago. I’ve lived in the city for about three years and feel like I haven’t really seen it. This year, I want to explore a neighborhood a month. So 12 neighborhoods in the year. I have a few books to use as a reference and I’ll document my explorations.
Here’s to a happy and successful 2010!