I redid the Ribby Cardi, after the debacle of the first try, and it worked out! A big thanks to Megan over at Not Martha who supplied some awesome extra directions to get me on the right track to use tubular cast on and to knit this thing all in one piece. Phew! That was a lot of work. But I’m trucking along and very happy with the progress. Of course I have no idea why I have to do all these changes and adaptations to this pattern.
I used Ysolda’s recommended tubular cast on but if I were to do it again, I might try something different. There were little visible purls when I changed to 3×1 rib that drove me a bit batty. So I laddered down each one to fix the purl and hide it under the cast on a little more.
Here’s a picture of the improved 3×1 cast on beginnings. I’m not sure if you can really see the difference because of the stone color of the yarn but its there. You’ll have to take my word for it.