Last week, I made a delicious meal. It featured grilled herb and garlic chicken, roasted garlic and basil potatoes, and kale, corn and tomato sauté. Here’s how I made it.
Grilled Herb & Chicken
- 1/2 cup herb and garlic marinade
- 4 chicken breasts
Roasted Garlic & Basil Potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh basil, minced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Kale, Corn & Tomato Saute
- 4 stalks of kale
- 1 corn cob
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Chicken: Cut the chicken breasts into serving sizes (about the size of the palm of your hand). Place chicken breasts in a deep pan and pour marinade over chicken. Make sure chicken is covered by the marinade. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken has marinated, preheat a George Foreman or rev up a grill.
- Grill chicken until cooked through.
- Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray baking dish with nonstick spray. I bake mine in a toaster oven, because it’s smaller and easier to heat smaller servings.
- Toss in potatoes, onions, garlic and basil. Toss olive oil until potatoes are coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until potatoes begin to brown and are cooked through.
- Veggie saute: Microwave corn for 2 minutes. Cut corn off of the cob.
- Chop kale into bite size pieces. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat the olive oil in sauté pan. When hot, toss in corn, stirring occasionally, until corn starts to brown. Toss in kale, stirring to coat with oil and evenly sauté. Cook until kale cooks down a bit, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another minute or so.
- Sprinkle with dill, if desired.