Last year, I made Chocolate Chip Cookie and Brownie Cupcakes which immediately became a hit. I realized that I hadn’t compiled the recipe into one easy place that I could just work off of (multiple open webpages just don’t work for me). So here’s the complete recipe all together.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 4 cups bittersweet chocolate morsels, or hand-chopped chocolate
- Box of brownie mix
- Cookie batter (make the night before): Set the butter out on the counter for an hour before mixing the cookie dough so it is soft and easier to incorporate.
- Beat or cream the butter and sugar together first. Do not add the eggs until the butter and sugar are thoroughly combined, the sugar has begun to dissolve, and butter is practically whipped.
- Once sugar has dissolved and butter is whipped, add the eggs and vanilla together in the mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Set the paddle on the lowest speed and drape a clean kitchen towel over the machine and the bowl. This will help prevent the kitchen and the cook from being dusted with a light coating of flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture a little at a time and beat until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the chocolate with a spoon until the pieces are uniformly distributed throughout the dough.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. This recipe also freezes very well.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- Brownie mix: Mix up the brownie mix according to the box’s directions.
- Put one ice cream scoop of brownie mix in each cupcake liner.
- Roll enough cookie dough into a ball and flatten it out to fit the top of the brownie batter and into the liner.
- Bake for about 22 minutes.
- For presentation, liner can be turned down to where the cookie meets the brownie.
- Top with a spoonful of vanilla or chocolate frosting.