I got a number of ideas when I was brainstorming for my 30 at 30 list. I had ideas coming from all directions—from the web, from friends, from family. Some ideas were far fetched, some odd, some just not my style, but all were interesting. Creating the 30 at 30 list, and thus how I was going to spend and celebrate my 30th birthday was a whole lot of fun. Following are suggestions that didn’t make the cut. So take a look.
- Perform a kind deed to at least 5 strangers without expecting anything in return.
- Record an album.
- Form a band.
- Participate in a flash mob.
- Go completely gluten free.
- Complete half marathon.
- Fly a plane. (Take a flight lesson.)
- Publish a knitting pattern.
- Swim across a lake.
- Learn another language.
- Go to a nude beach.
- Take a road trip on part of Route 66.
- See how far you can walk. (Just start walking, and have someone you can call to come get you whenever/where ever you’re done.)
- Pose for “boudoir” photos.
- Go to a concert at an amazing venue like Red Rocks or The Gorge.
- Go to one amazing expensive meal, like at Alinea.
- Do a Segway tour.
- Do a chocolate tour.
- Fold a 1,000 cranes.
- Buy yourself an exciting new sex toy.
- Send a fan letter to a celebrity you like and/or respect.
- Visit a Buddhist temple.
- Learn a magic trick.
- Buy a drink for an attractive stranger.
- Change your hair color.
You can track my 30 at 30 progress throughout the year.
Share Your Thoughts